5 things of (possible) interest about me
1. I’ve lived a rather workaday, working-class life so far, except I’ve bungee jumped off the Kawarau Bridge in New Zealand – and loved it – and I attended a fiction writing workshop in St. Petersburg, Russia, where I spent most of my time wandering about this dark, grand fairytale-like city. (In other words, I didn’t get too much writing done!)
2. I live in Los Angeles (also a dark – though not so grand – fairytale-like metropolis, despite the sunshine).
3. I have two dogs that I like to write about because they are just too sweet not to write about.
4. When I was younger, I wanted to be either a ballerina or a writer. The closest I came to being a ballerina was when I was a member of various Middle Eastern dance companies, for which I gyrated and swirled, dressed like a harem girl. This blog is my attempt to work on the second dream.
5. In this blog I hope to write only tales that are honest, spontaneous, and (imaginatively) true. They are meant to be bursts of emotional exuberance, the kind of stories you would tell a like-minded friend you haven’t seen in god-knows-how-long, whom you greet with the words: I have so much to tell you…
*** Thank you for reading. I look forward to reading/viewing your work! ***